There are several natural remedies for difficult swallowing.
Some people may need medication while others may not. Here are some tips to follow:
- Take plenty of fluids. It will keep your throat lubricated and help thin down mucus.
- It would help if you gargled warm saltwater. This can be beneficial in terms of lowering inflammation and edema.
- Suck on hard candy or ice chips. This can help numb the throat and relieve pain.
- Drink herbal teas like chamomile, ginger, or Throat Coat Tea. These can help to soothe and relieve inflammation in the throat.
- Use ibuprofen or acetaminophen as over-the-counter pain medications. It can both aid in the reduction of inflammation and pain.
- If the soreness continues or is coupled by other symptoms such as fever, coughing, or difficulty swallowing, check with your doctor, the doctor may prescribe medication or suggest alternative treatments.
Painful swallowing is usually not a serious condition and will resolve independently. However, if you continue having severe pains consistently, it is crucial to see a doctor to rule out other causes. Treatment can help reduce pain and discomfort to eat and drink without difficulty.
You may also love to read the article below: